The online entrepreneur is the term which could make any talented single to attain the highest position irrespective of any dependent jobs or dependent help from anyone. The startup may lead a single project to the extreme if the basic and the real strategy rules get involved into the entrepreneur’s mind. The small business owners are very much energetic and happy with the growth part as the online exposure made dramatic changes in the standard of the output in every aspect.
The online entrepreneur must have some essential tools and factors for their business such as a good domain, core theme, SEO, irresistible hosting packages, branding, influence, advertising campaign, help from venture capitals, appealing web design, targeted e-mail marketing campaign, tax liabilities, legal acts, and other major factors.
Looking at web industry from a business angle, Ars Technica muses upon six big stories that stood out last year. Of those six, we’ll peg BitCoins as the story we’re most likely to look back on in a decade and wonder “what were they thinking?” Like Microsoft Bob, Pets.com, and the CueCat, BitCoins still have that cachet of “naive pre-web-bubble idea”. The article goes into several ways where BitCoin has had trouble already, which we predict is the shape of its doom, arrising like a Grim Reaper in the West.
A website is the image of your company. It acts like a representative for an off-line company.
Thus, it is very important to have a well-designed and attractive site to hold the attention of the browser and leave a mark on him. With an increasing number of businesses going online, the competition has increased tremendously and you have to be very creative when it comes to designing your web page. Your website is your mouthpiece and you need to let it deliver the best to the readers.
As a website has the power to boost your business, you need to be at your best when designing it. Here are a few tips that can help you design a profitable website.
• The moment anyone logs on to the website he looks out for the navigation button to flip through the site pages. Do not have fancy website navigation, as it may confuse the visitor. A website should be user friendly and one should instantly know how to go on to the next page or search what they want.
• Although graphics and images make your website look trendy, they also increase the loading time. Make sure you do not have too many images or your website will run slowly and the visitor may lose interest. Let there be graphics and pictures, but only where necessary.
• When you write any articles or details on the web, remember to keep your paragraphs short and simple. Internet browsers may not have time to go through wordy and lengthy sentences. Thus, split your paragraphs and sentences. The fonts and text color should not hurt the readers’ eye. You can use white space so that it relaxes the eyes and the reader doest get lost while reading. The font should be visible enough so that readers find it convenient to go through it.
• Do not be relaxed if your website looks good only on the Internet explorer. If your website breaks and does not show up well in Firefox or other browsers, you need to fix the problem. It is always better to view your website on various browsers to know how it looks. If your website is not coming up well on other browsers chances are you are losing many prospective customers.
• Do not be restricted to any particular script, as it may not open up on every computer and the visitor may miss important information. Always use normal script available that any server can easily open and read.
• Always make use of website templates as it saves both time and money when you want to create a new layout. However, when you make use of templates make sure you do not go in for very popular ones as many other websites may be using the same template too, and you may just be following the herd.
Apart from the website being user friendly, it also needs to appear neat and attractive. Following the tips above will help you make the most out of your website and increase traffic tremendously. A well design site is sure to help you earn loads of profit.
Convincing customers to buy from you is a tough task in itself. It is a big put off for a customer if they are actually wanting to buy, but you don’t offer an efficient system to do so.
Unless you have a simple working system that is hassle free, you cannot give your customer a satisfying buying experience. It is important that you develop a website which is easy to use and makes it easy for them to buy from you – without being frustrated.
The basics would be to design your shopping site with a link to your order page from most of the pages on your site. Very basic stuff.
You should offer the customer multiple payment options. This is because not all customers would be convinced about using credit cards only or paying via Paypal. Some may want to pay by check or bank funds transfer.
It is a good idea to offer these different options for payment to your customers. If you do not offer these different options, your website will suffer ‘cart abandonment’.
Also, it is a good idea to create and place a FAQ page on the website, which can provide the customers with easy answers to small problems that they face. You could also place small demos or install live chat options, so that they may get the solution immediately.
These options are not difficult and can be setup very quickly.
To make it easy for the customers, there needs to be an online order processing system. It mostly involves a shopping cart to select and store orders.
You will need a payment option like PayPal. This involves getting a PayPal ‘business account’ – which is quick and easy. PayPal will need to verify you as a legitimate person by several levels of checks ie: bank account, credit card etc
If you choose to accept credit cards via your own processing account, you will need a bank internet merchant account – which can be a tiresome process and more expensive to set up and operate. If you are a serious business – it is the only option in my opinion.
For this option you will need to sign up with a secure gateway provider, which sits in between your website and the bank website. Providers such as Securepay or Camtech in Australia are a good option. Others are Verisign (owned by PayPal) – but they are a more expensive option.
There has to be enough security to allow payments online. The credibility of the merchant is a very important factor to be checked. Your order form should be secured which may be done using SSL encryption technologies. Additionally, you may also offer a money back guarantee to people to build up confidence.
Remember that it is also useful to display a price list of your products. It makes it easier for the visitor to make a decision to buy from your site.
Unless you provide a simple system for the potential customers to buy from you, you cannot keep him happy. It is important to make a system that would not frustrate your potential customer.